An award journey for business excellence: the case study of a public sector unit.Paper details
An award journey for business excellence: the case study of a public sector unit. By: Madan, Pankaj. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence. Dec2010, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p1343-1364. 22p. 4 Diagrams, 1 Chart, 13 Graphs.
Fit between Organizational Culture and Business Excellence: A Case Study of Heavy Electrical Equipment Plant, BHEL. By: Sinha, Ashish; Arora, Bindu. Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers. Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p19-27. 9p. 4 Charts.
You are required to go through this case study submit a 2500 words report (including references, exhibits, appendices, etc.) in Microsoft Word through the submission link created under Weekly Activities > Week 8 latest by covering the following points:
1. Summarize the two articles in your own words.
2. Which business excellence model will you prefer for self-assessment in your own organization (where you currently work or have worked earlier) and why?
3. On which specific criteria your own organization would need to improve if it goes for self-assessment through the EFQM model?
4. How do you think the organizational culture in your own organization would support/ go against achieving business excellence compared to BHEL in India?
5. Suggest a holistic excellence strategy through which your own organization may improve its performance.
The individual assignment will be evaluated on the basis of the criteria mentioned in the rubric for individual & group assignments and projects attached herewith.
My organization URL: