Application One-Way Analysis of Variance with SPSS?
Application One-Way Analysis of Variance with SPSS?Order Instructions:
As you work through this SPSS exercise, consider the application of the one-way ANOVA test to your research topic. Is it an appropriate test for your research??
To prepare for this Application:
1. Review Lessons 25 and 27 in the course text Using SPSS for Windows and Macintosh: Analyzing and Understanding Data.
2. Review the video program for this week, located in the Learning Resources.
3, Read the ANOVA/MANOVA section of the StatSoft Electronic Textbook at http://www.statsoft.com/textbook/.
4. Access the gss04student_corrected dataset in the Course Information area of the classroom to use for this Application:
Craft up to a one page double-spaced write up of the statistical results (include any additional pages needed for any APA tables or graphs and the SPSS syntax and output) in which you do the following:
1. State the statistical assumptions of this test.
2. Select an independent variable with three or more levels and a dependent variable.
3. Develop the null hypothesis and the alternative hypothesis for main effects.
4. Using SPSS, calculate an ANOVA. Include a post hoc test.
5. Report on the p value and the confidence interval.
6. Interpret the confidence interval.
7. Decide whether to reject or retain the null hypothesis based on main effects and/or post-hoc statistical tests.
8. Generate syntax and output files in SPSS. You will need to copy and paste these into your Application document.
9. Based on your SPSS analysis, report the results using correct APA format. Include results for post hoc tests where appropriate.
10. SPSS syntax and output files
11. ANOVA table