go to the following link and read the short write up on Abstract Expressionism.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/database/abstract_expressionism.html (Links to an external site.)
3. After you read about Abstract Expressionism please watch this short youtube video on Abstract Expressionism.
Here are the links to the two short videos about Abstract Expressionism.
1st video on Abstract Expressionism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe4xm2XwSEA (Links to an external site.)
2nd video on Abstract Expressionism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4vujKvNrnY (Links to an external site.)
4. Read the link below and watch the video in the links listed below on the prodigy artist. The videos are both pretty short.
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/06/07/is-this-four-year-old-artist-the-next-picasso/ (Links to an external site.)
Videos on Aelita Andre the prodigy artist:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13660478 (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-vNh65PTfM (Links to an external site.)
Part II – Post three responses in the Group posting. Each of your postings will be worth 5 points and they should be at least four sentences long if not longer. To
start off you can respond to the any of the questions listed below or post your own comment as part of the class discussion. You are encouraged to post to someone
else’s comment to create a dynamic discussion. It is perfectly fine to have a different opinion, and I appreciate and encourage the diversity of opinions, just please
remember to be courteous and respectful.
Here are the questions you can respond to:
5. What is a major difference between Abstract Expressionism and traditional art in terms of composition as described in the later part of the second video about
6. What is your response to the idea of a prodigy artist as described in the video about Aelita Andre?
7. Do you think the work by Aelita Andre the prodigy artist is ART? Yes or No, explain and support your response.
8. What do you think will happen to the child as time passes?
9. Add a comment or question of your own choosing in regards to this discussion. There is plenty to write about from the various videos.