Assignment 2: RADIUS Implementation
Due Week 7 and worth 130 points
Suppose you are a Systems Administrator, and you have been tasked with implementing RADIUS to support authentication, authorization, and accounting in your organizations Windows network environment.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Examine the most significant benefits of RADIUS in organizations and provide management with at least three (3) problems / concerns that it helps to solve / relieve in the organization’s computing environment. Provide support for your response.
- Suggest the top-three (3) characteristics of Network Policy Server (NPS) in Windows Server 2012 that you believe make it a suitable option for implementing RADIUS in the organization’s environment. Provide support for your response.
- Decide whether you would consider utilizing RADIUS templates. Justify your decision based on what you believe to be the most significant benefits offered to or restrictions created for systems administrators.
- Propose whether you would consider, with no other variables or restrictions, utilizing password- or certificate-based methods for authentication. Substantiate your selection with appropriate reasoning.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast among different types of high-availability solutions.
- Design and plan the implementation and configuration of VPN and routing.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop server and network security configurations to include policies and patch management solutions for a large enterprise.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop strategies that manage and configure policies on servers in networked environments.
- Develop a migration plan to address and solve a proposed business problem.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the administration of server environments.
- Write clearly and concisely about advanced network server implementation topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills. Click here to access the rubric for this assignment.