business law is commercial law;
business law is commercial law;
Must be willing to complete 20 page research paper at later date on different post.
ABSTRACT, OUTLINE AND RESEARCH PAPER REQUIREMENTSAn abstract and outline of the legal research papers are due in your assignment folder before midnight on February 23,
· The abstract should be a brief but comprehensive summary of the contents of you paper.
· Keep it short. According to the APA style manual, an abstract should be between 150 to 250 words.
· The abstract should also be written as only one paragraph with no indentation.
· In order to succinctly describe your entire paper, you will need to determine which elements are the most important.
· Look at abstracts in professional journals for examples of how to summarize your paper. Notice the main points that the authors chose to mention in the
abstract. Use these examples as a guide when choosing the main ideas in your own paper.
· Refer to the APA manual for specific guidelines.
· An outline is a general plan of what you are going to write in the finished paper. It will show the order of your information, what each paragraph will discuss,
· The outline should identify main topics and subtopics.
· The outline should include a separate reference page, in APA format, citing at least 5 scholarly sources.
Research paper is due before midnight on March 27, 2017.
Selecting a Research Paper Topic
Another name for business law is commercial law; hence the term should not cause confusion.
It is the body and structure of law that regulates business and commercial transactions, both public and private.
Business law is needed to create standards and procedures that help execute transactions.
Furthermore, a policy framework is needed to help link and manage parties that are interested in conducting business with each other.
Below is a list of term paper ideas for business law. Combine these topics with research and
supporting information to reinforce your work.
• Contract law is one of the major sub fields of business law. You can write about the
many kinds of contracts that are available to business partners or you can discuss the
consequences of breaking a contract
• Company law – term paper ideas for business law can be found in the category of
company law. You can write about the formation of companies or the details that earn
company status. Questions such as what happens ‘when the company owners passes on’,
can be discussed here.
• You can write a paper on the various documents that are used in businesses that give
them legal status. Some of these documents are the Memorandum of Association and the
Articles of Association, Articles of Incorporation, partnership agreements
• Alternate dispute resolution is a major part of commercial law. This method of solving
and managing disputes has gained popularity recently. Its sub fields include:
• Employment law gives students a number of term paper ideas for business law. These
can take the form of labor law, sexual harassment, hiring and firing, non-disclosure
agreement and so on. These variables are of vital importance in the labor market.
• Intellectual property presents a wide variety of term paper ideas for business law for
students. Public domain, trade secret, patent, trademark, copyright and so on, serve as
The research paper must be written on a topic approved by the instructor and must include a discussion of how the topic relates to contracting or commercial
· The paper must list and discuss a minimum of 10 scholarly references (other than websites and the textbook) with at least 5 references that are scholarly
journal articles on the topic from UMUC’s online library databases.
· The paper must be in APA format and prepared with graduate-level professional expectations. The paper must follow all formal writing requirements and using
correct APA style and citation formatting requirements.
· Proper formatting includes correctly formatted in-text reference citations to indicate the location of reference and source materials relied upon as well as a
separate reference page.
· Grammar, spelling and punctuation are also an important part of this assignment.
A legal research paper of at least 20 pages of text (including references) is prepared on a commercial law topic selected. A legal research paper plan is submitted to
the professor on or before specifying the tasks to be performed. The legal research paper must demonstrate graduate level writing and comply with the format
requirements of the Publication Manual of American Psychological Association, 6th Edition. Papers must include a table of contents, abstract and references, and sub-
topic headings must be used in the body of the paper. Careful attention should be given to spelling, punctuation, source citations.. Research paper is due before
midnight on March 23, 2017.