Business Process Engineering .
Business Process Engineering .Assignment 2: BPM Review Essay
From the Proceedings of the 10th through 12th International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM) select and review one paper from one of these Proceedings. The paper you select must be directly relevant to business process engineering or business process management. You must identify at least 3 other relevant articles and use them to support your review.
Your response should be limited to 2000 words. Use 1.5 spacing with a 12 point Times New Roman font. Though your paper will largely be based on the chosen article, you must use other sources to support your discussion. Citation of sources is mandatory and must be in the Harvard style.
Your review report must include:
• Title Page: The title of the assignment, the name of the paper you are reviewing and its authors, and your name and student ID.
• Introduction: A statement of the purpose for your essay and a brief outline of how you will discuss the selected article (one or two paragraphs). Make sure to identify the article being reviewed.
• Body: Describe the intention and content of the article. If it is a research report, discuss the research method (survey, case study, observation, experiment, or other method) and findings. Comment on problems or issues highlighted by the authors. Discuss the conclusions of the article and how they are relevant to Business Process Management. Comparing ideas in the article you are reviewing to other articles discussing related topics will add significant strength to your paper. Note that it is expected that there will be many citations referring to the paper you are reviewing.
• Conclusion: A summary of the points you have made in the body of the paper. These should match your stated purpose. The conclusion should not introduce any ‘new’ material that was not discussed in the body of the paper. (One or two paragraphs)
• References: (A list of sources used in your text. They should be listed alphabetically by (first) author’s family name)
BPM 2014; http://bpm2014.haifa.ac.il/; LNCS Volume Number 8659
BPM 2013; http://bpm2013.tsinghua.edu.cn/; LNCS Volume Number 8094
BPM 2012; http://bpm2012.ut.ee/; LNCS Volume Number 7481
Paper has an identified purpose (5 marks) Mark
i) Identifies the paper under review (1) ii)States the purpose of the student essay (2) iii)Is refined and clearly stated (1)
iv)Provides an overview of the papers being discussed (1)
Body of paper has appropriate content (15 marks)
i) Contains appropriate material (2) ii) Presents a well-structured discussion (2) iii)Uses material from other authors (3) iv)Summarises and discusses the content of the article(s) (4) v) Identifies and discusses the article’s conclusions (4)
References & Grammar (5 marks)
i) Citations are indicated correctly (Harvard) (2) ii) Grammatical expression is satisfactory (3)
Turnitin adjustment (guideline only, each situation needs separate evaluation by the lecturer)
i) No significant matches (No reduction) ii)Match score between 15 and 20 (-5 marks)
iii)Match score >= 20 or significant unreferenced matches (- 10) iv)Extreme cases of copying or paraphrasing other work may be given an overall mark of 0.
Total Score 25