Business Values Assessment Report
Business Values Assessment ReportPaper details:
PART A – BUSINESS VALUES ASSESSMENT REPORT
=========»THE COMPANY ARE Adidas and Bayer
THE sustainability report have been provided, the sustainability for the Bayer company is in the annual report, so that you should take a good look at it to find it!!!!!!!!!
As an individual, you are required to submit responses to the following questions:
i. Identify and describe the two companies you have researched; the countries and/or industries in which they operate. (15 marks)
ii. What differences are evident between the two companies in terms of the range of issues dealt with in their social reports and the depth of coverage on specific issues? (15 marks)
iii. To what extent can these differences be explained by the country or industry differences? What other explanations might there be? (15 marks)
iv. Assess the apparent quality of the social accounting approach utilized by each company according to Zadek et al.’s (1997) criteria. (15 marks)
=====?For answering this part, please go through the document provided, called assessing ethical performance, in the page 216, it gives clear guideline for discussing the 8 standards, which are Inclusivity, Comparability, Completeness, Evolution, Management policies and systems. Disclosure, External verification, Continuous improvement. So you should focus to make a compassion between the Adidas and Bayer based on these 8 standards. It is better to show with a compassion table , then analysis in detailed.
v. Discuss the extent to which the social reports provided by these companies reflect their stated values. (15 marks)
vi. Briefly reflect on your groups’ discussions of these companies. In what ways did the ideas presented by your group confirm your own conclusions, influence your thinking and/or present another perspective to you? (15 marks)
• A score (10 marks) will be allocated for presentation, written expression, spelling, grammar, punctuation and referencing.
====?You should make up this part for process and challenges met during the work.
You must follow the guide:
Responses to questions % Grade
Qi – describe the two companies that have been researched. Responses should:
• clearly identify and describe the two companies being researched
• clearly describe the industries and countries in which these companies operate
• Clearly describe the social reporting/performance issue for which one of these companies has been challenged.
Qii – What differences are evident between the two companies in terms of the range of social, environmental and economic issues dealt with in their reports and the depth of coverage on specific issues? Responses should:
• compare the style, content and presentation of the social reports provided by each company
• critically analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the approaches to social reporting evident in the reports
• comment on the range of issues covered and the depth of the coverage 15%
Qiii – To what extent can these differences be explained by the country or industry differences? What other explanations might there be? Responses should:
• Discuss the differences between industries and/or countries (such as development, culture, attitudes, regulations, market maturity, technologies etc.) that may have contributed to the differences in approaches to social responsibility discussed in Qi
• Demonstrate critical thinking and analysis to provide an insightful explanation of these differences 15%
Qiv- Assess the apparent quality of the social accounting approach utilized by each company according to Zadek et al.’s (1997) criteria. Responses should:
• Provide some brief commentary on the extent to which each of the companies does or does not meet the eight criteria identified by Zadek et al (1997) as the key principles of quality of social reporting, as outlined on P. 216 (Crane & Matten, 2010).
• Identify which key principles are met (and how they are met) by each company’s social reporting
• Identify which principles have not been met 15%
Qv – Discuss the extent to which the social reports reflect the values of your selected companies. Responses should:
• Identify each company’s values (including their Mission Statement, Values, Business Principles etc.) as stated on their websites, reports or in other company documentation
• Critically analyse each company’s social reports in terms of the extent to which their stated values align (or do not align) with their approaches to social responsibility and sustainability (based on the evidence in the reports)
Qvi – Briefly reflect on your groups’ discussions of these companies. In what ways did the ideas presented by your group confirm your own conclusions or present another perspective to you? Responses should:
• Reflect on the group discussions about the social reporting of the two companies selected
• Identify key points of agreement and disagreement with other group members
• Discuss how the different perspectives provided by group members contributed to your own consideration of the performance of these companies 15%
Presentation (expression, structure, referencing, organisation, word count – not including cover sheet and references etc.) 10%
Comments from Support Team: