Connection between self-attribution and cognitive dissonance
Please make sure this paper is plagiarized free. Please an introduction and conclusion. Also cite and reference this paper. provide a Also provide 2 scholarly journals and at least one in-text citation from each source. Where you see benchmark C 3.1 & C3.2, THE INSTRUCTOR SAID IT IS A REITERATION OF THE ACADEMIC GOALS.
1. Contrast the major theories of attributions.
2. Analyze the nature of attribution.
Please take your time and do this assignment correctly.
Cognitive dissonance is a state of disequilibrium between two or more conflicting cognitions (e.g., beliefs, behaviors, or values). This assignment will allow you to explore the connection between self-attribution and cognitive dissonance.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
• This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Write a paper of 1,000-1,250 words that describes the connection between self-attribution and cognitive dissonance. Include the following in your paper:
1. A summary of the research regarding the theoretical and empirical approaches to understanding the mental processes of self-attribution and cognitive dissonance. (Benchmarks C 3.2: Analyze theoretical and empirical approaches to understanding mental processes.)
2. A discussion of how nature and nurture influence self-attribution and thereby affect cognitive development. (Benchmarks C 3.1: Critically analyze the influence of nature and nurture on cognitive development.)
3. A discussion of why individuals are motivated to resolve cognitive dissonance and how this is related to self-attribution.