The course project requires you to research and write an analytical paper comparing and contrasting the political views of two philosophers on one of the following areas:
- Human Conflict – the nature and causes thereof.
- The best or best possible cooperative social arrangements, capable of resolving or diminishing society’s common problems.
- The moral foundations of political legitimacy (what is the good state).
- Who should govern – one, few, or many?
Within your paper discuss how the views of your two chosen philosophers on the one chosen political issue relate to that same political issue today. Share your own well-supported views on the matter in a conclusion.
Your paper should be 6-8 full pages in length, plus a cover page and a References Page.
Choose from philosophers you have been studying in this course. One example: compare and contrast the views of Plato and Karl Marx on who should govern. If you want to choose a philosopher not covered in the course, check first with your faculty member.
As you write, keep the following in mind:
- Use clear, concise, complete sentences, transitions between paragraphs, standard spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Include at least six citations from different research sources. At least three should come from your college’s online library.