Current Event #8 “Foreign Robots Invade American Factory Floors”, Michaels, March 26
Current Event #8
“Foreign Robots Invade American Factory Floors”, Michaels, March 26
1. What are the major factors considered when companies decide to buy robotic systems for manufacturing?
2. What type of financial statement would show the value of the automated manufacturing equipment as referenced in this article, and what category would it be listed
3. What challenges do smaller manufacturing firms face when buying automated manufacturing equipment?
“Should College Students Be Required to Take a Course in Personal Finance”, Willis, March 19
4. What are the main arguments that Dr. Lusardi makes in favor of requiring a personal finance course in all college educations? Try to list in bullet format with
clear, brief descriptions.
5. What are the main argument points made by Professor Willis? Provide them in the same format as your answers to #1 above.
6. Do you feel you have obtained personal financial literacy through your coursework at WMU? You can simply answer this one with one sentence.
7. Find any current business article and summarize in 8 sentences or more. Please remember to cite the information