Describe policies standards processes and guidelines
Select a company or any existing business. This can be the company you currently work for. If you cannot find information about the security infrastructure of a company, you may make up the details as realistic as possible. Over the next few weeks you will utilize this company for the main project.
Your company wishes to ensure that know and understand they various regulatory acts they are required comply with and understand. This first assignment will allow you to establish the Key Assignment Template that will be used throughout the class for all Individual Project Submissions.
First, you will start by providing an overview of the company you have chosen. Be sure to describe its current security infrastructure.
Second, explore the regulations applicable for Security Compliance. You will:
• Describe 5 different Federal Regulations your company needs to understand and have compliance
• Describe 2 different State Regulations your company needs to understand and have compliance
• Discuss how each of these regulations are applicable to the company
The template document should follow this format:
• Security Compliance Project Document Shell
• Use Microsoft Word
• Title Page
o Course number and name
o Project name
o Student name
• Table of Contents
o Use auto-generated TOC.
o Separate page
o Maximum of three levels deep
o Be sure to update the fields of the TOC so it is up-to-date before submitting your project.
• Section Headings (create each heading on a new page with TBD as content except for sections listed under New Content below)
o Section 1- Company Overview
o Section 2 – Federal and State Regulations, Directives, and Acts
o Section 3 – Compliance Plan
o Section 4 – Acceptable Use Policy
o Section 5 – Certification and Accreditation
o Section 6 – Preparing for Certification
Each Week you will add to this document and submit for grading, as a preview each Section will contain the following:
• Section 1 – Company Overview
• Section 2 – Federal and State Regulations, Directives, and Acts
o Identify and describe 5 Federal Regulations
o Identify and describe 2 State Regulations
o Describe how each apply to the specific company
• Section 3 – Compliance Plan
o Describe Policies, Standards, Processes and Guidelines
o Discuss the relationship between Controls and Audits
o The Sarbanes-Oxley Act
o The different implications Regulations have on Government and non-Government entities
• Section 4 – Acceptable Use Policy
o Global Regulations
o Safe Harbor
o Work Councils
o Acceptable Use Policy and Enforcement Ethics
• Section 5 – Certification and Accreditation
o Certification and Accreditation
o Certification and Accreditation Frameworks
• Section 6 – Preparing for Certification
Add the discussion about the Company Overview and the Federal and State regulations to the sections titled: Company Overview and Federal and State Regulations, Directives, and Acts.