Describe the organizational environment or corporate culture
• Appraising the Value of Kantianism and Utilitarianism in the Workplace:
• In this assignment you will appraise the foundational values of Utilitarianism and Kantianism to determine the extent to which each theory is ethically justifiable in resolving a dilemma encountered in your profession. Based on your readings, discussions, and From the Experts (FTEs), write a three- to four-page paper responding to the following:
• Access a Code of Professional Ethics established for your current or anticipated profession. (Be sure to cite the source in your paper.)
• Identify a specific ethical dilemma you have encountered or anticipate will be encountered in your profession.
• Does the Code of Professional provide helpful guidance as to how the dilemma should be addressed? If so, cite the provision that gave guidance.
• Describe the organizational environment or corporate culture in which the dilemma exists. Cite Kohlberg’s Stages of Moral Development (FTE 2) to explain your perception.
• Referencing the fundamental principles of each, explain whether the decision-makers apply or should apply Utilitarian or Kantian ethics to address the dilemma.
• Does the application of that ethical theory successfully address the dilemma? Explain why or why not.