Develop a digital marketing plan
Marketing Management Assignment
In your assumed role as a Marketing Consultant for a stated client organization of your choice, you are required to submit a management report to the Managing Director to address the need for changes to the current marketing strategy.
Your brief should be achieved through the following requirements: –
1. A critical assessment of the current internal organisational environment and the external market environment which have a direct impact upon the performance of the marketing function
[Key findings and practical conclusions should be presented in the form of a SWOT Analysis. In addition, key operational constraints which limit marketing performance should be highlighted.]
2. The existing market segmentation, market targeting and competitive positioning, with recommendations for change to improve future market relevance for business sustainability.
[You will be required to state where the organization is now and how the projected position should be for future business sustainability. Each of the 3 areas of Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning must be addressed.]
3. For one core market segment, explain the current buying behaviour and the environmental factors which may influence buying patterns in the future. State how the company should take justified pro-active steps to meet changes in buying behaviour.
[A model of buying behaviour should be used to capture current purchasing patterns. Sources of Environmental Influences such as emerging trends, technology innovation, competition and the PESTEL factors should be used as a source of reference. The suggested steps should be aligned to the need for change.]
4. Undertake Product Life Cycle Analysis and examine the need for innovation within selected marketing mix variables to secure forecasted business volumes across all market segments.
[This requires an action plan for change for each of the relevant marketing mix variables, timescales and forecasts. The use of models may be appropriate to add depth and rationale. Attempt to cross-reference your suggestions to earlier sections in this report. ]
5. Using the Ansoff Matrix as a framework, show how your marketing performance targets will be achieved through these broadly based, risks assessed, marketing strategies for the next 3 years.
[Market Penetration, Market Development, Product/Service Development and Diversification Strategy options should be used as appropriate with timescales applied to sales and profit contribution targets. Risk assessment is required for each of the Ansoff strategies adopted.]
6. Develop a Digital marketing plan so that the existing customer experience could be improved to attract new customers as well as to drive customer loyalty among existing customers?
[View the customer experience pre-sale, sale and post-sale, consider all the customer contact points throughout this sales process. Highlight areas of weaknesses in the total customer experience process and then make appropriate recommendations to support customer acquisition and customer retention.]