Discuss the two to three us military interventions
Assignment: Policemen Of The World Chart
By the mid-20th century, the United States had become the dominant force in international relations. Some have argued that the United States’ military functions as the world’s “police.” This assignment covers the manner in which this shift occurred and the consequences the United States faces as a result of its status as “policemen of the world.”
Begin by using the Internet and reputable news outlets to research two (2) real-life international incidents from the past five (5) years in which:
• The U.S. used military action abroad.
• Controversy existed within the American public regarding U.S. involvement.
• Controversy existed within the country or countries affected by U.S. involvement
Note: The resources used above do not count towards your three (3) academic sources in most cases.
To prepare for your upcoming research paper on this topic in week 10, please briefly answer the questions on the attached chart locatedhere. Download the chart to your computer, fill it out, and then submit it under the assignment link in week 7.
For this assignment, you will be completing the following tasks on the provided chart:
1. Write a thesis statement that is one to two (1-2) sentences long in which you:
• State your thesis on the significance of the role of the US military as policemen of the world, particularly as exemplified in the two recent military incidents you researched. Justify your response.
o Note: A thesis statement is usually a single sentence somewhere in your first paragraph that presents your main idea to the reader. The body of the essay organizes the material you gather and present in support of your main idea. Keep in mind that a thesis is an interpretation of a question or subject, not the subject itself. Please consult the Purdue OWL Website with tips on how to construct a proper thesis; the website can be found at:https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/545/01/
1. Discuss the two to three US military interventions from the past five years that you researched.
1. List three aspects of US history between 1865 and 1945 that led to the US’s rise as a world superpower policeman.
2. List three to five international incidents since World War II where America has taken on a policing role.
1. List three to five driving forces that fueled international policy decisions involving the international incidents you outlined previously. (Consider foreign policies, treaties, exit strategies, elections, wars, etc.)
1. Use at least three academic references besides e. or in addition to the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.