Discuss why do all religions address salvation
DISCUSSION BOARD EXERCISE – MODULE SIX
1. Read Chapter Nine”The Quest for Salvation”in The Sacred Quest: An Invitation to the Study of Religion, Lawrence Cunningham and John Kelsay, 6th Edition, Pearson Publications, 2012.
2. Choose from one the two questions/exercises found below
3. Your DBE responses should be a minimum of 600 words each and must be accurate and detailed, on topic, thoughtful, and advance the discussion. Remember to proof your work; all postings should be written in college-level English.
This means that your writing must be grammatically correct (spelling, punctuation, capitalization and correct sentence structure) and citations must be formatted appropriately and include a bibliography.
4. All claims, assertions, opinions, and conclusions are required to be supported by relevant research. Students may use either Turabian or MLA style for their responses and for citing. A properly prepared and grammatically correct response is worth up to 25 total points.
5. Remember that there are two parts to each week’s assignments: the DBE Assignment Response and the DBC Assignment Response. Each response must be posted on or before the due date and time to receive full credit.
No late responses are accepted except for medical emergencies. If you know you are not going to be able to meet the submission deadline, please inform the instructor, otherwise you will receive a zero for the assignment.
MOD6 DISCUSSION BOARD EXERCISE QUESTIONS
1. Write an essay which discusses why do all religions address salvation? What makes the idea important to the human experience?
2, Write an essay which addresses the question: “Is the path of aesthetics an effective one for seeking salvation? Why or why not?” (The term aesthetics here refers to the GREEK perspective or point of view regarding the transcendental virtue known as Beauty or Perfection.)
Remember to cite your sources. Otherwise it’s considered plagiarism