Distinguish primary and secondary historical sources
• Discuss African-Americans’ experiences for a better understanding of their relation to the national history.
• Distinguish primary and secondary historical sources and evaluate them critically.
• Describe and evaluate the roles and contributions of African-American women and men in the history and culture of the U.S. and the world.
• Evaluate the different, and sometimes contradictory, interpretations of historians on important aspects of African-American history.
• Explain the origins and development of contemporary discussions about race in U.S. society.
• Identify the varied cultural expressions within African-American communities and their impact on U.S. culture.
• Explain the key social forces and legal battles pertinent to African-Americans since the nation’s founding.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in African-American history.
• Write clearly and concisely about African-American history using critical and analytical thought.