Does the bedside handover improve patient health outcomes?
Does the bedside handover improve patient health outcomes?Order Description
1. Identify the issue or problem and justify your choice.
2. Search for relevant research papers and analyse them to explore what information or research is available around this identified issue or problem or how the issue or problem has been approached in the literature.
3. Identifying gaps: The literature review provides a snapshot of the current available research around the issue and may reveal gaps. These gaps are aspects of the identified issue or problem which have not been sufficiently researched or solved. It may also identify how practices can be altered or carried out differently to improve patient outcomes. Your chosen research will aim to fill one or more of these gaps.
4. Presenting the aim and formulating the research question: A research question is formulated from the gaps identified in the literature review with the aim to explore possible solutions and changes in practice. The research question is a statement of the specific query the researcher wants to answer to address the research issue or problem.
5. Specifying the significance: Provide reason/reasons for why your proposed research is desirable/important in this area and the clinical relevance. Examine the ways in which it will benefit the target population and ultimately improve health outcomes.