Educational Equality for All Students
Researchers over time have documented a number of factors that have slowed the integration of multicultural curriculum in schools. However, the institutionalization of diverse content into school curricula has made significant progress in the last several years. Examine current research on how multiculturalism is being integrated into the grade level at which you teach or plan on teaching.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the use of Bank’s four (4) approaches to integration of multicultural and / or global content, focusing on curricula designed for the grade level in which you teach or plan on teaching.
- Analyze three to five (3-5) factors that determine that color blindness is not the solution to racism in the classroom. Provide specific instructional strategies geared to addressing race in a more constructive fashion in the grade level in which you teach or plan on teaching.
- Design a scholastic program for integrating multiculturalism into the grade level in which you teach or plan on teaching. Propose specific features of the program and how it would be included when teaching different subject matter such as math, history, or literature.
- Develop three to five (3-5) techniques for incorporating a school-wide positive behavior management system and restorative practices, ensuring that your school is culturally respectful and responsive.
- Provide at least five (5) references (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine current research, issues, and educational practices related to multiculturalism in schools and society.
- Identify instructional strategies that are applicable to the K-12 diverse learning environment.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in diversity in K-12 education.
- Write clearly and concisely about diversity in K-12 education using proper writing mechanics.