Evidence for the theory of continental drift
1. Explain how do fossils help scientists piece together the family tree of a given plant or animal?2. Discuss how do fossils provide evidence for the theory of continental drift?
3. What are the two major forces that drive the evolutionary process?
4. Why do species become extinct? What does extinction of one species mean for the surviving species in the same environment?
5. Why are there gaps in the fossil record, particularly at the end of the Paleozoic and Mesozoic eras?
6. What stimulated the evolution of mammals at the end of the Mesozoic era?
7. What was the significance of Miller’s experiment in solving the macroevolutionary puzzle?
8. How did the absence of oxygen stimulate the evolution of life on Earth?
9. How does comparative biochemistry help establish the lineage of even the most primordial organisms?
10. In what ways are we similar to primitive singe-celled organisms such as bacteria? What does this suggest in terms of our evolution?