Explain what you have learned about the principles guiding general education
Reflecting on General EducationPrepare: Start by reviewing General Education Curriculum found in “Section Five: General Academic Information and Policies” in the Ashford University Academic Catalog, which addresses the core competencies that the general education courses must cover: Applied Ethics, Communication, Information Technology, Critical Thinking, and Quantitative Reasoning.
Reflect: Think about the core competencies as previously mentioned and ponder on your time taking general education courses. Reflect on the specific courses not associated with your college major and determine the level of new information you have acquired that relates to the core competencies.
Write Explain what you have learned about the principles guiding general education from this course and the courses you have taken in the past:
What are the most important concepts you have lea:rned (a) from this course and (b) throughout your time as a university student?
Why do you think obtaining knowledge from general education courses is important?
What are your plans for putting your education to use within your community?
How might your newly acquired knowledge and skills shape your personal and professional development?
Support your claims with examples from required material(s) or at least two scholarly sources, and properly cite any references.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length.
THIS TUTORIAL INCLUDES TWO ANSWERS FOR THIS DISCUSSION QUESTION TO HELP YOU SCORE BETTER
Link to other tutorials for GEN 499
Just click on Assignment/Discussion name to go to respective tutorial.
· GEN 499 Week 1 Assignment ( Reflecting on Personal Identity and Global Citizenship )
· GEN 499 Week 1 Discussion ( Purpose of General Education )
· GEN 499 Week 2 Assignment ( Information Literacy – Ashford University Library Experience )
· GEN 499 Week 2 Discussion 1 ( Final Research Project Topic )
· GEN 499 Week 2 Discussion 2 ( Ethics and Moral Development )
· GEN 499 Week 3 Assignment ( Final Research Project Preparation – Annotated Bibliography )
· GEN 499 Week 3 Discussion 1 ( Philosophy of Education )
· GEN 499 Week 3 Discussion 2 ( Scholarly Sources & Bibliography Analysis )
· GEN 499 Week 3 Journal ( Skills Acquired Through General Education )
· GEN 499 Week 4 Discussion 1 ( Critical Thinking Principles )
· GEN 499 Week 4 Discussion 2 ( Final Research Project Progress )
· GEN 499 Week 4 Critical Thinking Quiz
· GEN 499 Week 5 Discussion 1 ( Reflecting on General Education )
· GEN 499 Week 5 Assignment ( Final Research Project )