Imagine that you are a financial manager researching investments for your client. Your investment should align with your client’s investment goals. (Note: Please
ensure that you are able to find enough information about this company in order to complete this assignment. You will create an appendix, in which you will insert
The assignment covers the following topics:
• Rationale for choosing the company for which to invest
• Ratio analysis
• Stock price analysis
Refer to the following resources to assist with completing your assignment:
• Forbes – “Six Rules to Follow When Picking Stocks”
• CNN Money – “Stocks: Investing in stocks”
• The Motley Fool – “13 Steps to Investing Foolishly”
• Seeking Alpha – “The Graham And Dodd Method For Valuing Stocks”
• Investopedia – “Guide to Stock-Picking Strategies”
• Seeking Alpha – “Get Your Smart Beta Here! Dividend Growth Stocks As ‘Strategic Beta’ Investments””
Market and Company Information
• U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission – “Market Structure”
• Yahoo! Finance
• Mergent Online (Note: This resource is also available through the Strayer Learning Resource Center.)
• Seeking Alpha (Note: Also available through the Android or iTunes App store.)
• Morningstar (Note: You can create a no-cost Basic Access account.)
Write a ten to fifteen (10-15) page paper in which you:
1 Provide a rationale for the stock that you selected, indicating the significant economic, financial, and other factors that led you to consider this stock.
2 Suggest the primary reasons why the selected stock is a suitable investment for your client. Include a description of your client’s profile.
3 Select any five (5) financial ratios that you have learned about in the text. Analyze the past three (3) years of the selected financial ratios for the
company; you may obtain this information from the company’s financial statements. Determine the company’s financial health. (Note: Suggested ratios include, but are
not limited to, current ratio, quick ratio, earnings per share, and price earnings ratio.)
4 Based on your financial review, determine the risk level of the stock from your investor’s point of view. Indicate key strategies that you may use in order to
minimize these perceived risks.
5 Provide your recommendations of this stock as an investment opportunity. Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia
and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific
format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the
reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Critique financial management strategies that support business operations in various market environments.
• Analyze financial statements for key ratios, cash flow positions, and taxation effects.
• Review fixed income strategies using time value of money concept, bond valuation methods, and interest rate calculations.
• Estimate the risk and return on financial investments.
• Apply financial management options to corporate finance.
• Determine the cost of capital and how to maximize returns.
• Formulate cash flow analysis for capital projects including project risks and returns.
• Evaluate how corporate valuation and forecasting affect financial management.
• Analyze how capital structure decision-making practices impact financial management.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in financial management.
• Write clearly and concisely about financial management using proper writing mechanics.