Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) Evolution
The Internet is changing the technology used in health care. Medicine is becoming more commonly practiced through a wide range of telehealth options, and consumers are now far more computer savvy than at any time in the past, using the Internet to self-research symptoms or diseases, as well as seek out medical professionals or advice.
Administrators must be aware of the direction in which health care is moving and be aware of both current and upcoming technology and information system advancements. For this assignment, you will be researching the next major Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) evolution.
The assignment begins with the selection of a topic of what you identify as “the next big thing” that you expect to see in health care regarding HMIS.
After making your topic selection, compose a 1,000-1,250 word paper to include the following:
- Describe your HMIS topic and support the selection with applicable research.
- Identify the potential advantages and limitations of the selected HMIS topic in relation to advantages and/or limitations for, or other impacts on, the consumer.
- Explain how this HMIS topic will impact the concept of “digital equity.”
- Discuss the delivery of quality health care through this new HMIS.
- From an administrator perspective, describe when, how, and where this HMIS will first be seen.
- From an administrator perspective, describe how this HMIS will impact your organization.
You are required to use two qualified references in addition to your textbook for this paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.