– Draft paper with hierarchical structure of topics (outline down to second level.)
Final Paper :
- The paper should be 10-12 pages of text in length. (This minimum and maximum length should not include the title page, separate figures and tables, or the list of references);
- The paper should include a one paragraph abstract, an introduction, and a conclusion – think as if you were writing for a professional journal;
- The paper should use APA format (double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, one inch margins, page numbers with running head in upper right corner, section titles, citations, and references in accordance with the APA standard)
- The presentation should be 4-5 slides not including title and references for briefing class on your research.
While developing the Research Paper, the following questions should be used as a checklist:
- Does the research deal with significant and meaningful problem that lends itself to a substantial research effort?
- Is there a justification that demonstrates why the problem is worth studying?
- Is it clear who or what will be aided by research findings?
- Will the findings provide a basis for generalized conclusions or have practical applicability?
- Is the purpose of the research expressed clearly?
- Is the research question or hypotheses stated concisely and explicitly? Does it logically flow from the problem?
- Are limitations of the study identified with recognition of their consequences?
- Are technical terms well defined? Are definitions clear and unambiguous?
- Is the theoretical framework related to previous research? Is previous work on the topic critically appraised?
- Is the research informed by primary sources of theories, concepts, principles and models in the field, and are they referred to specifically?
- Are methods of data collection appropriately explained?
- Is data analysis complete and presented logically