Law – Criminal
1. COMPARISON PAPER INSTRUCTIONS
2. For this assignment, you will read the U.S. Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and Thomas Jefferson’s Letter to the Danbury Baptists in 1802. Once you have read these founding documents and Jefferson’s letter, you will write a 2–3-page paper (double-spaced, 1-inch margins) adhering to the format specified in the Course Style Guidelines document, comparing each of them. When comparing the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence, pay particular attention to the themes apparent in both documents and comment on which document came first and why that is important.
3. You must also answer the question, “What do you think the signers of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution thought about the separation of church and state or about the separation of God from government?” (Note: these are not the same thing.)
4. Be sure to incorporate a biblical worldview in your paper. Use the Course Style Guidelines document for the correct formatting.
5. Submit this assignment by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 2.