Managing Crisis Assignment 1
This assignment reinforces information in your textbook and concepts presented in this unit. Your responses should be thorough, well-conceived college-level responses that are grammatically correct. Please write your answers in complete sentences. You must justify your responses with facts from the readings, and with your conclusions and interpretations. It is recommended that you work through this assignment as you complete your reading assignment.
- What are the similarities and differences between emergency management and healthcare delivery? What commonalities can be used to integrate these two disciplines?
- Though the day-to-day tasks of a hospital emergency manager can vary from one locale to another, what are the universal responsibilities expected to be performed by a hospital or healthcare emergency manager?
- How can healthcare incident management systems most effectively achieve their goal of effective incident management?
- Regardless of the hospital incident management system used in a healthcare facility, what key functions of the emergency response must be addressed?
- What is a disaster declaration? Briefly describe its consequences.
- What are two examples of how volunteers are protected from legal liability?
- What are the key purposes of a hospital emergency plan?
- What are two strategies to create inpatient surge capacity within a hospital or healthcare facility?
You will be graded on the accuracy and thoroughness of your responses.
Each response must include supporting source, noting in text citation/page #, which supports the response
Reference: list textbook and any other sources used