Introduction and Methodology – Use the appropriate template and only submit the portion of the template that services the assignment.
o Introduction – what you plan to accomplish and why, include an overview of the situation or organization and what the situation/problem is that you intend to improve – usually 1-2 pages) Cite and support all content appropriately
o Methodology is a research paper about Action Research, 2-3 pages (include reasons and justification for approach), minimum of five (5) professional references
Literature Review is a research paper about your topic. Most Action Research (AR) topics are very specific, you will most likely need to generalize your topics. For example, if your AR project involves collecting business requirements for a new system, you may not find academic research about collecting business requirements for a new system. You will be able to find research about business requirements and process change, 3-4 pages, minimum of eight (8) professional references
- Proposal – this is your plan – review the template, which should provide you with some common ideasregarding how to document your proposal
- Briefly summarize (a paragraph or two for) each of the proposed (AR) iteration (at least 4 iterations)
- Include a visual representation – (example provided in template)
Submit to Blackboard Week 3 assignment section per scheduled time and date on the Course Outline/Syllabus.
Think of this assignment as chapter two and three of your research paper. Only submit the Literature review and Proposal
The 1st Iteration to include your Plan, Action, Observations, and Reflections.
- Plan – at least one page in length, should include a description of all the planning activity that has taken place…may include agendas or other manuscripts as appropriate
- Action – at least one page in length, should include a description of that actual activity
- Observation – at least one page in length, should include a description of all the information collected as well as any analysis
- Reflection – at least one page in length, should include a description of your thoughts about what happened, what went well, as well as not so well. If your iteration was a meeting, you may want to discuss the effectiveness of the meeting, did you have the best participants, did you miss any (not invite) or learned during the meeting you should have invited someone else..if so, what are your thoughts regarding mitigation …etc…
Remember to support appropriately. Use ‘personal communications’ as necessary.
Final paper should include at minimum:
- Title page, table of contents, list of figures/tables, introduction, methodology, literature review, proposal, four iterations of research, summary of learning, and references
- Minimum of thirteen (13) professional references
- Integrate graphs, diagrams, charts etc throughout your research paper