NUTRITION (SuperTracker (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)) Report..
Use SuperTracker (or an alternative like MyFitnessPal) to track your foods and physical activities and see how they stack up! Viewing your trends over time can help you achieve food and activity goals. Get tips and support to help you make healthier choices and plan ahead. This is a written assignment that you will create from your experience with Supertracker. Follow the directions below. You should submit your report here in Canvas.
The Supertracker tool will help you to develop a personalized nutrition and physical activity plan. See https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/
SuperTracker is a tool that will help you to:
? Track your foods and physical activities to see how they stack up.
? Get tips and support to help you make healthier choices and plan ahead.
? Use reports to see where you’re meeting your goals and identify areas you’d like to work on.
? Find out what and how much to eat.
How to Get Started with SuperTracker
1. Create your Profile by completing, registering and saving the Profile form (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)at https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/createprofile.aspx
2. Login to Supertracker (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.) at https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/Login.aspx
3. Activate My Coach Center by setting up your personal goals. Select at least two goals.
Sign up to receive tips and support related to your goals.
4. Click on My Plan
5. Go to Track Food and Activity … Don’t forget the Activity portion.
6. Go to My Reports to measure progress; choose from six reports that range from a simple meal summary to an in-depth analysis of food group and nutrient intakes over time.
7. Check out Food-A-Pedia to look up nutrition info for over 8,000 foods and compare foods side by side.
8. Use My Journal to record daily events; identify triggers that may be associated with changes in your health behaviors and weight.
9. Try to get a friend or family member to use SuperTracker so that you can help each other commit to personal health goals.
10. Try to use SuperTracker for at least 1 week so that you will have enough experience to describe for your Report.
11. An adult BMI calculator can be easily found by doing a Google search on the web.
12. You can use an alternative tool like MyfitnessPal, but be sure to use Supertracker and the MyPlateSystem in developing your goals.
Your report should include:
1. Description: Brief description of the goals that you set. How many weeks/days did you use SuperTracker?
2. Outcomes: Description of your desired outcomes related your effort. Show how you?ve used the Supertracker to develop these outcomes. What is your BMI? You can do a Google Search to find a BMI calculator. What does Supertracker recommend for your body type, both food AND exercise to meet the MyPlateSystem.
3. Efforts: Description of your actual efforts.
4. High Point: Describe the high point of your experience.
5. Low Point: Description of the low point of your experience.
6. Advice: What?s your advice for future students who may engage in this learning activity.
7. Summary Reactions: Your overall summary reactions to the entire experience.
8. Analysis: Analyze how well you met your goals for SuperTracker. If your goals changed, discuss how and if unforeseen goals emerged, describe what they were. You need to add to the discussion what you find are your nutrient, food choice and exercise deficiencies and their potential effects on your health in the future could be. Discuss your BMI. Comment on your nutritional deficiencies, i.e. fats, proteins, carbohydrates, calories, minerals/nutrients & vitamins (Sodium, Calcium, Vitamin D, B vitamins, Iron, etc.), food group ?My Plate System? recommendations, your caloric needs, what you drink, etc. I am looking for direct, short answers to the questions above. I’ll be looking for: 1) how you could attempt changing your diet to optimize your weight, meeting the recommendations from the ?My Plate System?, and getting the overall best diet for your ideal body size,
9. Self-Assessment: Conclude your Nutrition/SuperTracker Report by assigning yourself points (out of 70 points) based on your performance. Justify your scoring based upon your addressing the items in #8 above.
10. Spelling, grammar, and my ability to understand what you write is a big part of your grade.
11. You do not need to submit a copy of your Supertracker report from the website, but you will need to comment on all aspects of it as indicated above. Be sure to cite the actual numbers from the reports and their analysis in regard to what Supertracker recommends for your body type. -five pages is typically adequate to answer the questions in the assignment.
12. Take a peek at these three samples:
Sample 1 Nutrition Assignment -2.doc
Sample 2 Supertracker-3.doc
Sample 3 Nutrition-2.doc
Note the instructions are slightly different on these samples when compared to the questions above. When doing the assignment be sure to follow the newly revised directions above, not the ones on the samples.