Practicum and Application
Observe a whole group or small group reading lesson in your Birth-PK practicum classroom.
Write a 250-word summary and analysis of the effectiveness of the lesson.
Prepare this assignment according to the MLA guidelines found in the MLA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Design a whole group or small group reading lesson plan for PK students. Consider individual differences in ability, culture, and language. Lesson plan templates are available in the Student Success Center.
Include the following in your lesson plan:
- Clear-cut objectives that align to the NAEYC and ACEI standards.
- Relevant materials and resources.
- Differentiation of instruction to address the diverse needs of students.
- Informal and/or formal assessments that align to objectives.
- Authentic, formative and/or summative assessments.