Professional Responsibility and Protection of the Public
Selection of Study:
Select one study from the following list:
- Nazi Germany Experiments (WWII)
- Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment (1932-1972)
- Statesville Penitentiary Malaria Study (1940s)
- Human Radiation Experiments of 1946
- Germ Warfare Tests (1949-1969)
- Willowbrook Study (1963-1966)
Develop a slide presentation, containing a title slide, 10-12 slides of content, and a references slide, focusing on the chosen study. Your presentation must incorporate:
- A summary of the study conducted which includes a description of the intended outcome and a description of the population selected to participate.
- A discussion of the risks associated with participation and whether or not study participants were informed and fully aware of the potential risks.
- A discussion of whether or not the rights and welfare of participants were protected.
- A discussion of the ethical issues related to the conduct of research and the role of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) in protecting research participants.
To create your presentation you can use PowerPoint or a program such as Prezi (www.prezi.com). Speaker’s notes must be included for each individual slide. A minimum of three references must be used.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.