Q 1: ‘Architecture is an expression of values’ (Sir Norman Foster, 2014). Critically discuss the statement by taking into account the social role of architecture in European societies. Exemplify your
Q 1: ‘Architecture is an expression of values’ (Sir Norman Foster, 2014). Critically discuss the statement by taking into account the social role of architecture in European societies. Exemplify yourSuggested Reading
Architecture and modern European Society Exploring the relevance of architecture in society Longhurst et al (2008), 294–98
The Bauhaus & International Style Wingler (1969)
The European: Conversation with Sir Norman Foster on The Role of Architecture in Today’s Society (16/10/2014), available at: http://www.theeuropean-magazine.com/norman-foster/9114-the-role-of-architecture-in-todays-society# [date of access: 28/07/2015].
My instructions:* Identification of the key issues to be covered in an introduction
* The main arguments and the order they will be dealt with
* Examples or other evidence (e.g. quotes/ references) to support your arguments
* Your interpretation or analysis of the issues
* Your conclusions & own opinion
A+Grade High/Excellent I 85-100%
In addition to criteria for Definite/Low I, exceptional answer, an exemplary piece of work showing:
• a good deal of criticality
• an in-depth knowledge and understanding across all the relevant areas
• very thorough coverage of the topic
• significant evidence of wide use of learning resources.