Qur’an ? Sura 6, “Livestock”: Imagine that you live in the middle of a desert and that the only portion of the Qur?an to reach your isolated village is Sura 6, ?Livestock.?
Write a 4?5 page paper (double?spaced) on the following topic:
Imagine that you live in the middle of a desert and that the only portion of the Qur?an to reach your isolated village
is Sura 6, ?Livestock.?
Excited by this discovery, you read this text several times and decide to write an analysis of its major ideas and
teachings. Your task is to identify and discuss at least five religious themes found in Sura 6:
1. blindness of people ? naivet?, ignorance, stubbornness (6:6,6:7)
2. believe in only one God (6:19)
3. you have to be good ? mortality
4. the forbiddenness of Pork
1) Only need to cite from and use Sura 6 from the Qur?an.
Be sure to support your observations with Qur?an verses. Cite verses in the following format: (sura #: verse #), so
that verse 11 of sura 6 would be cited as (6:11).
3) Make sure that your paper has an introductory paragraph and a concluding paragraph. 4) Papers must be
typed in 12?point Times New Roman font with standard margins. The
first paragraph of the paper should begi??????n near the top of the first page. Neither a title page nor a
?sources cited? page is necessary.
1) In the Qur?an, the singular God is referred to by the pronouns ?He,? ?I,? and ?We.? The translator consistently
capitalizes the pronouns referring to God.