Research paper: Hills like white elephants
Research paper: Hills like white elephants (like critical analysis essay)
- Contain an introduction paragraph which 1) introduces the audience to the issue being addressed, 2) identifies clearly the writer’s claim, 3) examines why this information is important to the specified audience, 4) announces the organization of the paper.
- Offer a thesis statement in the form of an argument.
- Offer academic sources to support the thesis statement.
- Include evidence of scholarly research such as peer-reviewed academic articles:
- Maintain focus on the paper’s thesis throughout.
- Organize the material presented in a consistent, rational manner.
- Contain a conclusion that reasserts the writer’s thesis statement and reiterates the introduction.
- Use transitions to achieve unity between ideas and paragraphs.
- Use conventions of standard written English (appropriate diction, no omitted words, grammar, punctuation, spelling).
- Follow MLA format guidelines.
- Must be 1500 words
- Introduction and concluding paragraphs
Be certain your research paper contains all of the following elements:
(1) sound argumentation techniques
(2) coherent source synthesis
(3) correctly formatted MLA-style parenthetical citations
(4) standard grammatical usage
- Be connected to your topic—you should pursue a topic that interests you and perhaps fits in with other studies you are engaged in.
- Specifically state your thesis early and often.
- Spend your effort working to prove your argument based thesis. DO NOT waste time summarizing if it is not needed to further your argument.
- Acknowledge and refute counterarguments.
- Remember to cite when needed. This includes quotes, paraphrases, and summaries you add to the paper.
- Make sure your paragraphs are fully developed and have topic sentences and concluding sentences.