Review the risk section of the companys sec form ten-k
Corporate Profile: Cybersecurity Risk Profile
For this paper, you will construct a cybersecurityrisk profile for the company that you wrote about in Part 1 of the Corporate Profile project. Your risk profile, which includes an Executive Summary, Risk Register, and Risk Mitigation Recommendations (Approach & Security Controls by family), will be developed from information provided by the company in its Form 10-K filing (Annual Report to Investors) retrieved from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Edgar database. You will also need to do additional research to identify security controls, products, and services which could be included in the company’s risk response (actions it will take to manage cybersecurity related risk).
1. Review the Risk section of the company’s SEC Form 10-K. Develop a list of 5 or more specific cyberspace or cybersecurity related risks which the company included in its report to investors. Your list should include the source(s) of the risks and the potential impacts as identified by the company.
2. For each risk, identify the risk management or mitigation strategies which the company has implemented or plans to implement.
3. Next, use the control families listed in the NIST Special Publication 800-53 http://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-53r4.pdfto identify general categories of controls which could be used or added to the company’s risk management strategy for each risk in your list.
4. For each control family, develop a description of how the company should implement these controls (“implementation approach”) as part of its risk management strategy.
1. Develop a 2 to 3 pageExecutive Summaryfrom your Corporate Profile Part 1 (reuse and/or improve upon the business profile). Your Executive Summary should provide an overview of the company, summarize its business operations, and discuss the sources, potential impacts, and mitigation approach/strategy for cybersecurity related risks identified in the company’s annual report.The Executive Summary should appear at the beginning of your submission file.
2. Copy the Risk Register &Security Control Recommendations table (see template at the end of this assignment) to the end of the file that contains your Executive Summary.
3. Using the information you collected during your research, complete the table. Make sure that you include a name and description for each risk. For the security controls, make sure that you include the family name and a description of how each recommended control should be implemented (implementation approach). Include the control family only. Do not include individual security controls from NIST SP 800-53.
YourRisk Profile is to be prepared using basic APA formatting (including title page and reference list) and submitted as an MS Word attachment to the Corporate Profile Part 2 entry in your assignments folder. See the sample paper and paper template provided in Course Resources > APA Resources for formatting examples.Consult the grading rubric for specific content and formatting requirements for this assignment.
Note: for this assignment you will be preparing a very high level risk register. Preparing a fully developed risk register and risk profile is beyond the scope of this course.
Table 1. Risk Register &Risk Mitigation Approach with Recommended Security Controls
Description of the Risk &
Risk Mitigation Approach with
|Sequence # or Brief title (<50 characters)||Must be from Form 10-K. Split complex risk statements into multiple individual risks.||Must list NIST Control Family (two character ID) as part of recommended mitigation|