Sexuality at Different Life Stages
Assignment: Sexuality at Different Life Stages
· Due Date: Day 7 [Individual forum]
· Outline, in a paper, the main points that a therapist might cover in a counseling session
to help each individual for each scenario. Your paper should be 700 to 1,050 words in
length and formatted according to APA guidelines.
o Anna, an adolescent girl, is very much in love with her boyfriend who is three years
older than she. He is putting a lot of pressure on her to have sex. At the same time,
she is anxious about her parents’ attitude towards her boyfriend. Her mother
constantly warns her about dating an older boy and assumes that he intends on
taking advantage of her.
· In your paper, be sure that the therapist coaches Anna on the sexual decisionmaking
process, including addressing her feelings and recommendations related
to her mother’s anxiety.
o Tom and Susan are an elderly couple. Tom has been retired for several years, Susan
is more recently retired. She has shown a renewed interest in sexual activity. Tom
has not reciprocated Susan’s interest as he is anxious about his sexual ability at this
· In your paper, be sure that the therapist addresses the physical and
psychological changes that affect sexuality at this point in Tom and Susan’s life.
o Bill has been paralyzed from the waist down since he was a child. He is involved in a
romantic relationship and wishes to be intimate with his partner but is unsure how to
express his interest. Bill becomes very nervous and uncomfortable when talking
about this subject.
· In your paper, be sure that the therapist addresses Bill’s feelings and offers him
information on sexuality and his disability.
· Post your paper as an attachment.