Topic: Strategic Management
“Managing Change in Organizations”
1. Determine why change is so difficult for organizations. Propose ways that human resource (HR) specialists can assist in making change easier.
2. Propose two ways that HR can prepare its employees for the changes involved with moving from a domestic assignment to an overseas assignment. Respond and evaluate another learner’s comment. Ground students will do this through discussion.
“Future of Human Resource Management”
3. Use the Internet or Strayer Library to research three trends in HR. Next, examine the three trends in HR that you researched. Provide probable causes for these trends. Provide probable causes for these trends. Predict how these trends will affect organizations in a single sector of your choosing.
4. Examine the duties and responsibilities of a HR specialist. Determine the contributions that someone in this position makes to an organization. Support your position.
5. Assess Southwest Airlines’ strategic approach to human resource (HR) management. Determine how its strategy increases organizational effectiveness.
6. Propose three ways that HR can use competitive advantage in the marketplace to recruit new applicants in general.
7. Go to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC) Website and review cases regarding diversity. Note: Enter the Website and in the search box under “Press Releases” type “diversity”. Review three of the results of your search. Next, propose three ways that an organization can increase diversity within itself. Take a position on whether diversity is or is not important and determine how the methods you provided support your position.
8. Evaluate ways that an organization can measure and reward compliance. Determine if organizations that measure and reward compliance are more or less likely to experience lawsuits.