The Introduction And Purpose Statement & Research Questions And Hypotheses
1. This discussion is focused on a very important aspect of presenting research – the introduction and purpose statement. These two elements should advise the readers of your scholarly work what you intend to share with them, as well as the importance and context of your work. In your initial post, address the following:
- Discuss the importance of the introduction to a study.
- What is the deficiency model of an introduction? Discuss how using this model when writing the introduction to a study or proposal may set the stage for the reader.
- Discuss the importance of framing the study within existing literature when writing the introduction.
- Describe the elements that constitute a good qualitative purpose statement.
- Discuss the importance of addressing the variables in a quantitative purpose statement.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references.
2. The importance of a good research question or hypothesis cannot be overstated. It is integral to a research study and ensures the researcher is focused on a measurable target for the success of the research results. It also ensures that the research objective is clearly defined and that the target is specifically measurable. Understanding of the importance of this area is integral to good research and ensures that a research project can be efficiently executed and is valuable to develop academic thought on societal concerns. In your initial post, address the following:
- Discuss why you think the research questions and hypothesis may be considered signposts in research.
- Select the three factors that you think may be the most important considerations when writing qualitative research questions. Justify your choices.
- Why do you think an examination of the variables is important when writing the research questions and hypothesis in a quantitative study?
- To what extent do you agree with the notion that the most rigorous form of quantitative research follows from a test of theory?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references