Topic: Human Resources: Training and Development
Write a paper (suggested length of 8−12 pages) in which you do the following:
A. Conduct a needs assessment for the roofing supervisor safety training program by doing the following:
1. Justify the use of a needs assessment in the safety training program,
a. Include three advantages of conducting a needs assessment prior to designing the training program.
2. Discuss three reasons why companies may decide not to perform a needs assessment.
3. Identify three stakeholder groups that should be involved in the needs assessment.
a. Explain why each stakeholder group should be involved in the needs assessment.
b. Describe the method used to gather information from each stakeholder group.
i. Identify one advantage of each method selected to gather information from the stakeholder groups.
ii. Identify one disadvantage of each method selected to gather information from the stakeholder groups.
4. Analyze four safety skills gaps/training needs of roofing supervisors by comparing the document “Exhibit 2: Injury and Illness Incident Report” attached and the document “Exhibit 1: Position Description for Roofing Supervisor” attached.
a. Identify four safety-related learning objectives to incorporate in the training program based on your needs assessment.
i. Identify one safety-related learning or behavioral change that should result from each learning objective identified in part A4a.
Note: A total of four learning or behavioral changes at minimum should be identified.
b. Identify one non-safety-related skills gap for roofing supervisors.
i. Explain how this non-safety-related skills gap may have contributed to the accidents.
5. Describe two strategies that may improve training transfer at each of the following stages of the training process:
a. before training takes place
b. during the training program
c. after training takes place
B. Develop a comprehensive training plan for the roofing supervisor’s safety training program by doing the following:
1. Identify two effective delivery methods for the safety training program.
a. Justify your choice of delivery methods.
b. Identify sites or facilities where the training should take place, based on your chosen delivery methods.
2. Recommend using either internally designed or externally designed training programs for this project.
a. Justify your recommendation of design type.
3. Determine who should facilitate the safety training to the roofing supervisors.
a. Justify your choice of facilitator(s).
4. Describe a process for pilot-testing the safety training program before delivery to all roofing supervisors.
5. Recommend two effective strategies for motivating roofing supervisors to effectively participate in the safety training program.
C. Describe effective strategies for training program evaluation by doing the following:
1. Explain the importance of evaluating training programs using all four levels of evaluation (i.e., reaction, learning, behavior, results).
2. Describe one tool or method for evaluating post-training changes in supervisors’ learning or behavior for each learning objective identified in part A4a.
Note: A total of four tools or methods, at minimum, must be described.
a. Describe two specific, concrete examples of what behaviors must be demonstrated by the roofing supervisors to indicate that change has or has not occurred.
D. When you use sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, provide acknowledgement of source information for any content that is quoted, paraphrased or summarized. Acknowledgement of source information includes:
• Location of information (e.g., publisher, journal, or website URL)
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: The use of APA citation style is encouraged but is not required for this task. Evaluators will offer feedback on the acknowledgement of source information but not with regard to conformity with APA or other citation style. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Resources web link found under General Information/APA Guidelines in the left-hand panel in Taskstream.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly.