Topic: Practical Business Problem Solving
Select one patient (neighbor, family, or friend) and write-up their comprehensive health history. Include the following variables:
1. Identifying data.
2. Past medical history.
3. Health status, perceived barriers, and support.
4. Chief complaint (CC).
5. History of present illness (HPI).
6. Family and/or social history (PFSH).
7. Focused review of systems (ROS).
8. Identify age, spiritual values, and cultural variables that were considered and how these variables influenced your interviews or health history.
In a 1,000-1,250-word essay, summarize effective interview techniques for collecting a patient’s health history. Include the following:
Address how to elicit the patient’s interpretation of their health status, their perceived barriers, and support. Critique the effectiveness of several history taking techniques with rationale from the readings. Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.