Women and economics/work (American Women’s History)
Prepare an 8- to 10-paged paper that examines one of the following women’s spheres of life and brings the course’s chronology into the present.
- Women and economics/work
- In the first two pages, indentify the role colonial women played in one of the women’s spheres of life listed above. Briefly describe how that role has changed for modern women in today’s environment.
- For the remainder of the paper, examine the role of today’s women in the sphere of life you selected. Compare the historical roles of women to the contemporary role of women. Provide examples to support your comparisons.
- Conclude your paper by identifying two challenges and two opportunities presented women today.
- Use six to seven academic/scholarly sources to support your choices.
As a reminder, gender differences produce opportunities and constraints for both men and women. This is not a paper on the “oppression” of women; however, you do want to look at gender-specific responses to changing social environments.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least six scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
Must include, on the final page, a reference page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
DRAFT OF FINAL PAPER:
Submit the draft of your final paper. Identify the theme/sphere of life you are researching, outline your key points, and provide a list of references to be used.