You will receive 50 points for this research paper. It is due April 5, 2015 by 11:59pm. Please submit this through Blackboard only.
This should be minimum of 5 FULL pages, double spaced, font 12, Times New Roman.
Please do not rewrite any of the questions in your answers. You should number your answers so I can be clear when you are moving onto the next question, but do not rewrite the question.
You will be using APA format, which means in-text citations and a reference page at the end. PLEASE USE AT LEAST FOUR CITATIONS (NO WIKIPEDIA!)
A. Choose one of your book chapters. Then choose one subtopic in that chapter. (for example, chapter 4 and sex trafficking)
1. Describe and summarize some of the most important information about your subtopic area(s)
2. How is this subtopic(s) relevant on a local, national, and global level?
3 How is this subtopic(s) relevant to issues regarding intersectionality/intersecting identities? Choose at least two identities. For example: in what ways is this topic relevant and impacted by sexism, racism, heterosexism, ageism, classism, religion, etc
4. List and describe at least twodifferent systems, institutions, or processes that contribute to this issue/ problem (culture, economy, politics, technology, war, colonialism, etc)
5. We have talked in class about how some local communities across the world are concerned about the “Westernization” of their local cultures. Is that relevant for your topic? If so, explain how and the ways in which you see Westernization to be hurtful AND helpful? If this is not relevant to your topic, how is the concept of cultural “sameness” and cultural “uniqueness/differences” relevant to your topic?
6. What perspective(s) might be missing from your textbook on this topic?
7. What else can be done to address the topic(s) you have highlighted?
TEXTBOOK TO USE: “Women Worldwide: Transnational feminist perspectives on women by Janet Lee and Susan M. Shaw, 2011. ISBN: 9780073512297
*** Use chapter 2: World Media because you can find the pdf online of that chapter and then pick any subtopic***
Include a bibliography with at least 4 references