Write paper in which discuss impact of state government laws
Assignment is for the state of Arizona
According to Blankenau, Cassou, and Ingram (2007), states accounted for more than 90% of all primary and secondary (K-12) spending and nearly half of all spending at the post-secondary (college) level. Further, the Southern Regional Education Board (2009) estimates that roughly 15,000 local boards of education, with nearly 95,000 school board members govern America’s schools. Governmental leaders at the state and local levels establish the laws and policies for operations of school systems and schools at the local level. You will write a paper that discusses issues of access, equity, and equality for learners within your state.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Include two scholarly resources other than those in the assigned readings with references and in-text citations.
- Prepare the assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Write a 1,500-1,750-word paper in which you discuss the impact of state governmental laws, local policies, and funding for K-12 education upon access, equity, and equality for learners in your state. In the paper, include the following ideas:
- The organizational and governance structure at the state and local levels for K-12 schools in the state
- State law regarding funding for schools such as charter schools, private schools, and homeschooling
- The impact of state funding of education on access for all students to quality educational programs at the local school level
- The state initiatives and funding for improvements to teacher and administrator preparation programs through higher education and professional development
- A comparison of the interventions that occur at the state and local levels and how they impact learning in the local schools.